Vegan Mac & Cheese
March 21, 2018
- 8 oz. Chickpea Elbow Macaroni (Banza Brand)
- 1/4 cup Vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons Organic Unbleached All purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- a pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 7 oz. Daiya medium Cheddar Block
- 2 cups of Nut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garnish: Red pepper Flakes (optional)
- Step 1 1. Boil Macaroni 8 minutes. Rise with cold water. Set aside
- Step 2 2. Pour Nut milk into mixing bowl. Add Apple Cider Vinegar. Stir once. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 3. Meanwhile Melt Butter in sauce pan. Whisk in flour slowly until smooth.
- Step 4 4. Whisk in Nut Milk 1/2 cup at a time.
- Step 5 5.Mix in Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper and salt.
- Step 6 6. Grade Cheddar block into sauce mixture and stir in between portions. Heat through 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 7 7. Pour Cheese sauce over macaroni. Stir to combine.
- Step 8 8. Garnish individually and Serve.