Lasagna Fritta (Vegan)
May 9, 2018
: makes 14-24
A timeless classic made into an appetizer makes this recipe a go to of mine when having people or just for the family.
- 1 Box Manicotti noodles, 7-14 noodles
- 1 Block Organic Extra firm tofu
- 1 Jar Marinara sauce
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked/drained
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Dry Basil
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Flax meal + 2 1/2 tbsp warm water = Flax egg
- 1-2 cups Italian panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Step 1 Soak cashews in 1 cup of boiled water 10 mins.
- Step 2 Drain Tofu, dry with paper towels, set aside.
- Step 3 Boil noddles 8 minutes, rinse and set aside to cool.
- Step 4 Drain cashews, add to blender or processor.
- Step 5 Add Garlic cloves, sea salt and lemon juice. Blend till smooth.
- Step 6 Crumble tofu into a mixing bowl. Add dry basil, powder onion and garlic powder. Mix with spatula till blended. Add cashew cream and mix.
- Step 7 Mix flax meal, warm water then mix and let sit for 8 mins.
- Step 8 Cut noodles in half and stuff with ricotta. Add Italian panko crumbs to a bowl. Dip each piece into flax egg and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat for all pieces.
- Step 9 Warm marinara sauce.
- Step 10 Add oil to frying pan on medium heat. Fry each side till golden brown. Plate and add marinara over top.
- Step 11 Serve and enjoy!