April 15, 2018
This is a must try. Creamy, fluffy and crispy. Each bite melts in your mouth.
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 Cup Protein Nut Milk (Enhances creamy texture)
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tsp. Vegan Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Unbleached Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Tofu Benedict
- 16 oz Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 8 Ezekiel English Muffins
- 2 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Vegan Butter (Plus more to butter muffins)
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 2 Firm Red Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 1. Add 1 cup of protein nut milk to a small bowl then add Apple cider to milk. Mix and let sit 5 minutes.
- Step 2 2. On Medium low heat melt 2Tbsp butter in small sauce pan. Once melted add 1 Tbsp of Flour then whisk to blend. Add remainder of flour then whisk till blended.
- Step 3 3. Add 1/2 cup Nut Milk. Whisk. Then add remainder of Nut Milk. Whisk.
- Step 4 4. Garlic powder, Sea Salt, Turmeric and Nutritional yeast. Whisk to blend.
- Step 5 5. Raise temperature to Medium. Add Dijon mustard and Lemon juice. Continue to Whisk until sauce reaches a creamy texture. Cover and set aside.
- Step 6 6. Drain Tofu and press with paper towels till dry. Cut Tofu through middle, long ways. Cut each block into four squares. Making 8 even pieces.
- Step 7 7. Soak Tofu squares in soy sauce 1 minute each side.
- Step 8 8. On medium heat add one Tsp butter to frying pan. Then add four pieces of Tofu squares. Cook each side 1-2 minutes till golden brown. Then plate and cook remaining Tofu squares.
- Step 9 9. Add 1 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil to frying pan. Add Red onions and sauté till soft.
- Step 10 10. Mince Garlic clove and add to pan. Sauté 1 minute. Add baby spinach. Toss and turn off.
- Step 11 11. Cut Tomatoes into half inch round pieces. Brush each side with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side. On medium high heat. Cook each side 30 sec or less.
- Step 12 12. Put Muffins to Toast while squares are almost done cooking. (Multi-tasking is the key)
- Step 13 13. Butter each muffin. Place 2 muffins per plate. Layer with onion,spinach, garlic mix. Next place tomato then Tofu square. Finally pour warm hollandaise sauce.
- Step 14 14. Serve and enjoy!