Strawberry Short Cake Aquafaba Vanilla Frosting
April 18, 2018
: 3 Cups
The chemistry in this recipe is amazing. Soft, warm vanilla cake. Fresh cut strawberries. Fluffy white peeks of Aquafaba on top makes it picture perfect.
- Strawberry Short Cake
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Protein nut milk + 1/4 cup Protein Nut milk
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of Organic Strawberries (Washed, slice)
- Aquafaba Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1- 15oz can of Chickpeas (Reserve liquid)
- 1/2 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- Step 1 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8×8 or muffin pan.
- Step 2 2. Cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer (on low) or a spoon. Mixing until the mixture is smooth.
- Step 3 3. Add the nut milk, vanilla, apple cider in a separate bowl. Mix to blend. Add to butter mixture, mix till well blended.
- Step 4 4. Add the flour, salt and baking powder to a separate bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Step 5 5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, about a 1/4 cup at a time while mixing with a whisk or hand mixer until smooth. Add 1/4 more Nut milk. Mix well to blend.
- Step 6 6. Pour mixture to fill 3/4 of 8×8 pan or half of cupcake pan. Bake 30 minutes for 8×8 or 15-20 minutes for cupcake. Check middle of cake with toothpick. Remove, set on counter to cool.
- Step 7 7. Drain Chickpeas and place water in mixing bowl.
- Step 8 8. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract to chickpea water. Mix on High until white peeks form. About 10-15 minutes.
- Step 9 9. Mix in 1/4 cup of Powder sugar. Once blended mix in remaining sugar.
- Step 10 10. Layer whipped frosting and sliced strawberries on top of cake.
- Step 11 11. Serve and enjoy!