Strawberry Short Cake Aquafaba Vanilla Frosting
The chemistry in this recipe is amazing. Soft, warm vanilla cake. Fresh cut strawberries. Fluffy white peeks of Aquafaba on top makes it picture perfect.
- Strawberry Short Cake
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Protein nut milk + 1/4 cup Protein Nut milk
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of Organic Strawberries (Washed, slice)
- Aquafaba Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1- 15oz can of Chickpeas (Reserve liquid)
- 1/2 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- Step 1 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8×8 or muffin pan.
- Step 2 2. Cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer (on low) or a spoon. Mixing until the mixture is smooth.
- Step 3 3. Add the nut milk, vanilla, apple cider in a separate bowl. Mix to blend. Add to butter mixture, mix till well blended.
- Step 4 4. Add the flour, salt and baking powder to a separate bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Step 5 5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, about a 1/4 cup at a time while mixing with a whisk or hand mixer until smooth. Add 1/4 more Nut milk. Mix well to blend.
- Step 6 6. Pour mixture to fill 3/4 of 8×8 pan or half of cupcake pan. Bake 30 minutes for 8×8 or 15-20 minutes for cupcake. Check middle of cake with toothpick. Remove, set on counter to cool.
- Step 7 7. Drain Chickpeas and place water in mixing bowl.
- Step 8 8. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract to chickpea water. Mix on High until white peeks form. About 10-15 minutes.
- Step 9 9. Mix in 1/4 cup of Powder sugar. Once blended mix in remaining sugar.
- Step 10 10. Layer whipped frosting and sliced strawberries on top of cake.
- Step 11 11. Serve and enjoy!