Red Lentil Soup
May 4, 2018
Creamy, flavorful and high in protein.
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Red Lentils
- 6 cups Low Sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Red or White Onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Garam Marsala
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Bay Leafs
- Step 1 Rinse and drain lentils.
- Step 2 Chop carrots, onions in a food processor. Mince garlic cloves.
- Step 3 Add oil to a medium size pot on medium low heat. Add carrots and onions to pot, sauté 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Add spices, next five ingredients. Stir to blend.
- Step 5 Add lentils then stir to blend. While mixing, add broth.
- Step 6 Turn up to medium high heat. Once it bubbles mix again. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 7 Place 2 cups of soup into a blender or processor to puree. Add back to pot, mix to blend. Taste, add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Step 8 Serve and Enjoy!