Kale With Portobello Mushrooms
Kale is the perfect greens to match up with any meal.
- 1 Large Head of Kale*
- 1 Small Red Onion or Half of a Large Onion*
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic*
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms*
- 2 Tablespoons of Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- A Pinch or two of Pepper (Optional)
- * Organic Ingredients
- Step 1 1. Rinse Kale throughly (I prefer a vinegar and water solution). Chop Kale in 2 inch pieces. Rinse Mushrooms and cut long strips about 1/2 inch thick. Slice Red Onion in half, remove and discard skin then chop vertically about 1/2 inch thick pieces. Each piece being a C shape. Smash Garlic clove once with flat side of knife then finely chop.
- Step 2 2. Place Avocado or Olive oil in a medium frying pan on Medium heat. Add Onions and Mushrooms to pan, sauté 7 minutes.
- Step 3 3. Add Garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Step 4 4. Add 1/2 Kale, toss to coat kale then add remainder of Kale and toss again. Cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Step 5 5. Plate and serve immediately.