Cruciferous Green Leaf Salad
This vibrant green oil-free salad is great for boosting energy. Creamy, crunchy with a dash for sweet is the perfect mixture.
- 3 cups Romain Hearts (1/2 inch shredded pieces)
- 3 cups Cruciferous blend (red & green cabbage, kale, Brussel sprouts all shredded)
- 2 cups shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries (optional)
- * All vegetables washed in water vinegar solution
- Basil Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup of Raw Cashews, soaked & drained
- 1 cup Nut milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Step 1 Soak raw cashews in hot water for 10 minutes then drain.
- Step 2 Wash and spin dry all vegetables, set aside.
- Step 3 Light crush or chop walnuts spread on a baking sheet. Place in oven top rack on Low broil. Roast for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 4 Add cashews, nut milk, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and lemon juice to blender, processor or bullet. Blend until smooth. Add basil and cilantro then blend to mix.
- Step 5 Begin building salad in each individual plate. Bottom romain lettuce, cruciferous mix, carrots. Sprinkle cranberries. Add walnuts on top and drizzle dressing over salad.
- Step 6 Serve and Enjoy!