Vegan Crepes with Strawberry and Blueberry Compote
This light, fruity favorite melts in your mouth. Please the masses with this recipe regardless of your age this will be a hit in your kitchen.
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Nut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Vegan Butter (For Frying)
- Strawberry/Blueberry Compote
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- Step 1 1. In a medium mixing bowl add Flour, Baking powder, Sea salt and Sugar. Shift to blend. Set aside.
- Step 2 2. In a small bowl add Nut Milk then Apple Cider Vinegar. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Then stir till smooth.
- Step 3 3. Combine Milk mixture and flour mix. Stir till smooth and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 4. Meanwhile start Compote. In a small sauce pan add water and sugar. Bring to boil. Set to medium high heat then add blueberries and strawberries. Cook until sauce thickens, mixing occasionally.
- Step 5 5. In a frying pan set to Medium heat, melt a small amount of butter to coat pan. Pour 1/4 Cup of batter while holding pan at an angle to create a thin layer. Cook for 2 minutes until bottom is a light golden color. Flip over and cook 1-2 minutes. Repeat step 5 for each additional Crepe.
- Step 6 6. Spread a thin layer of Compote on Crepe then roll one edge of Crepe inward folding twice.
- Step 7 7. Place 2-3 Crepes per plate. Pour Compote over top of Crepe and Serve.