The perfect party food, everyone will love.
- 2 cans Garbanzo Beans, Drained and dried
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (Italian style)
- 1 Large Red Onion (1/2 cup chopped, slice remainder)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil + more for brushing and frying
- 1 Daiya Medium Block Cheddar
- Vegan Mayo (for spreading)
- Leaf lettuce (optional)
- 12 French Dinner Rolls (or rolls of your choice)
- Step 1 1. Drain chickpeas, lay on paper towels and pat dry.
- Step 2 2. In a small bowl mix next 6 ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Step 3 3. Add chickpeas, seasoning mix and 1/4 cup panko crumbs to a food processor. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Pulse 5 to 6 times. Mixture should still be chunky. Remove and place in medium bowl.
- Step 4 4. Add 1/4 cup olive oil to a separate bowl (this is to brush the sliders after breading).
- Step 5 5. Place a portion of chickpea mixture in the palm of your hand. Then form into a ball and press down to make a patty shape. Each slider should be about 3 inches. Form all 12 sliders.
- Step 6 6. Place 3/4 cup of Italian panko crumbs into a ziplock bag.
- Step 7 7. One at a time brush slider on all sides with olive oil. Place slider into ziplock back, then shake till all sides are coated.
- Step 8 Repeat this till all sliders are breaded.
- Step 9 8. On medium heat place enough oil to just cover the bottom of frying pan (a little oil goes a long way).
- Step 10 9. Place 6 sliders in a frying pan. Cook 4 mins per side.
- Step 11 10. While sliders are cooking, sauté sliced onions in a separate pan about 3 to 4 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 12 11. Lightly toast dinner rolls. Place open face on a plate. Spread mayo on roll. Place slice tomato, slider, vegan cheese, red onions and leaf lettuce. Top, serve and enjoy!